Halloween Recipes with β-Glucan for Halloween at Home ♪
October 31st is Halloween. Halloween, originally a Celtic festival, is now an established American folk event. Children dress up in costumes and parade through the town, going from house to house to trick or treat. and trick-or-treating is already well established in Japan, but this year, I think many people will have a lot of fun at home. This time, we would like to introduce some Halloween recipes using glucan to make your home Halloween more enjoyable.
Full of nutrients! Easy Pumpkin Gratin
☆ Ingredients (2~3 servings)
- 500g pumpkin (about 1/4 of a pumpkin)
- 100 g onion (about 1/2)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon consomme soup stock
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 50ml water
- 300ml milk
- A dash of mixed cheese
- Bread crumbs as desired
- Parsley, as desired
- 2 bags of Aureo β-glucan (Aureo β-glucan EX)
☆ How to make
- Cut pumpkin into bite-size pieces (about 1 cm thick), place in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for 5 minutes. Cut onion into thin slices.
- Prepare a frying pan and heat butter. Put in (1), add salt and pepper, sprinkle flour all over, add water, close the lid, and steam over low heat for 5~7 minutes.
- When the pumpkin is cooked, add milk, consommé soup stock and Aureo β-glucan.
- Mix ③ carefully and turn off the heat when the pumpkin starts to thicken.
- Put ④ in a heatproof container, top with mixed cheese, sprinkle with a little breadcrumbs, and bake in the oven at 200℃ for about 5 minutes.
- When the cheese is browned, it is done! Sprinkle parsley on top for a little color.
The sweetness of pumpkin is delicious! Simple Pumpkin Pudding
☆ Ingredients (3 servings)
- 100 g pumpkin (without the skin)
- 1 egg
- 20 g oligosaccharide
- 20ml fresh cream
- 80ml milk
- 2-3 drops vanilla essence
- 1 bag of Aureo β-glucan (Aureo β-glucan EX)
☆ How to make
- Cut off the skin of the pumpkin and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Put ①, milk, oligosaccharide, egg, and Aureo β-glucan in a blender and mix well. When mixed, add cream and vanilla essence and mix further.
- Strain the mixture through a strainer.
- Preheat oven to 160℃. Pour ③ into a heatproof container.
- Pour ③ into a heatproof container.
- Place the container on a baking sheet covered with hot water and bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes in a hot water bath. When the pudding liquid no longer sticks to a bamboo skewer, the pudding is ready. You can garnish with mint if you like, or draw a picture with a chocolate pen!
Easy to make with cassis au lait! Cassis tea with plenty of fruit
☆ Ingredients (for 2 persons)
- 400 ml straight tea
- 100g apple* (about 1/3 apple)
- 10 blueberries* (about 10 berries)
- pear* 100g (about 1/3)
- 40g lemon* (about 1/3)
You can change * to your favorite fruit if you like.
- Oligosaccharide, to taste (or unsweetened, if you prefer)
- 2 bags of blackcurrant ale
☆ How to make
- Cut apples into chunks, pears into desired size, and blueberries.
- Add desired amount of oligosaccharide to straight tea and mix well.
- Put the blackcurrant ale in the bottom of the glass. (1 bag per glass).
- Put half of ② in each of the 3) glasses.
- Garnish with a lemon!
You can make it sangria-like by reducing the amount of straight tea a little and adding unsweetened sparkling water on top.
I think that in 2020, Halloween at home will be the main event. Why not create fun memories with the whole family with homemade dishes? May this year’s Halloween be a special and wonderful day. Happy Halloween! (^^)!